Have I gained weight or has my clothing shrunk? If the latter is the case, read on. Because in this blog you will get tips on how to prevent your T-shirt from shrinking. And how you can undo a shrinkage.Prevention of shrinkage
Natural fabrics such as wool and cotton absorb more moisture than synthetic fabrics, such as polyester or rayon. As a result, T-shirts made from 100% cotton shrink more when washed too hot .
The most important lesson to avoid shrinking your T-shirt is not to wash it too much. In addition, there are a few tips.
- Put your T-shirt in cold water for the first time (without detergent) . The shrinkage is then kept to a minimum.
- Buy so-called 'pre-shrunk' (pre-shrunk) T-shirts. As a result, T-shirts will shrink less.
- Always wash in cold or lukewarm water. Also read this blog for this .
You did not read the label, accidentally threw your T-shirt with the other laundry at sixty degrees. And yes, your T-shirt is suddenly two sizes smaller. Oops! Fortunately, there are a number of ways you can get your T-shirt back to its original length.
- Wet your T-shirt in cold water
- Watch it on the floor or hang it up
- Then stretch the T-shirt using weights. Do this carefully and avoid stretching it too far.
Then watch this video (in English) in which everything is explained.